Some days you just have to wonder if you’re on the wrong path, if what you’re doing is meant for you or if somewhere along the line you missed your calling. Most writers I know have these days, especially when a rejection hits their email.
Last week was one of those days for me stretched into an entire week. I’ve been job hunting to cover the bills and my writing was shoved to the back burner while I went to introduce myself to local businesses. Not much was panning out and all the while I kept looking at my writing with the thought “this is all I really want to do.”
Don’t get me wrong, I love interacting with people. I used to work in retail and it was one of my favorite things to do. But my passion’s writing. Has been for years. Unfortunately, writing’s not paying the bills at the moment and, while I was job hunting last week, I was seriously thinking about letting it go for awhile to rethink things.
But then I received a comment from J.C. Wolfe over at The Wolfe’s Den. Ms. Wolfe nominated me this last Monday for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Just when I was starting to doubt, the bloggershere shows me again how incredibly supportive it can be! It was that little nudge that I needed to tell me I’m doing something right. Thank you so much J.C. (By the way, if you haven’t checked out her blog, you should. She’s got great short stories and words of the week that would help anyone expand his/her vocabulary.)
So I’d love to pass that nudge on to several other women to let them know they’re definitely doing something right.
1. Okay, I know J.C. nominated me but I’d like to share the love back. So she’s on this list. J.C. Wolfe at The Wolfe’s Den
2 & 3. Inion N. Mathair – These two ladies have been supportive almost from day one last year when I started this blog. They’re a mother/daughter writing team, which I find amazing in and of itself, and they just published their book The Perfect Seven. Check them out.
4. Karen Soutar– This woman’s been amazingly supportive, not just on the blog but on twitter too. Right now she’s training to walk 8 Miles for Macmillan. It’s in support of Macmillan Cancer Support. So stop on by and give her a word of encouragement=)
5. Confessions of a Maniacal Early Riser– So if you need a laugh and you love Zombies, this is the site for you. Plus, if you’re looking for a writing community, Anisa’s one of the founders of Writer’s Carnival. It’s fantastic for feedback on writing.
6. Tea with Flo– This lady has a wonderful, welcoming style to her writing. She even invites you for tea when you stop by her blog. Check out her writing=)
7. Comfort Ministries– This blog is written by Mollie Bond. She writes a lot of posts in support of Hope for Haiti, a none profit organization that supports schools in Haiti, as well as writing posts that help one slow down and think about life. She’s quite insightful =) Plus, she’s been a wonderful support to me this last year.
According to the rules, I’m supposed to nominate 10-12 other blogs, but these are the ones who have really shown support and encouragement to me, so I’m going to stop with them. If anyone thinks of another they’d like to point out, feel free to post it in the comments.
Thank you, J.C., for the nomination. And thank you to everyone for the support. The blogging community is amazingly encouraging =)
Blessings and have a great weekend,
Guidelines for those nominated:
- Post the logo on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Choose 10-12 other ladies who blog as your nominees.
- Post the links to the nominees’ blogs and notify each of them on their blog.